I think "Files" is a fine name; it's not made to be a particularly
cross-platform app, and any time in doubt you could call it by it's more
specific name, "Pantheon Files." Similar to how "Terminal" is really
"Pantheon Terminal." But in this case I think naming it what the user would
expect is more advantageous than the potential branding opportunity.

In fact, it could even be a bigger "branding" opportunity; imagine if
Ubuntu moved from Nautilus to Pantheon Files! It'd be the best of both
worlds because developers would hear about Pantheon while users would get a
more sensible name.

Regards,
Cassidy James