I'll repeat this as I'm also guilty of not reply-all'ing (reply-to header anyone?)

It would be a huge help to have bugs labeled as easy and/or having a mentor available. See Mozilla for an example: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Introduction

I looked at the issue tracker for something I could help with, but there is just so much.

Maybe I'll start fixing this minor annoyance I found https://bugs.launchpad.net/gala/+bug/1278131

Pepijn