On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 09:30:55AM -0400, cga2000 wrote:
> .. wasn't making an issue of it .. but I felt that the OP's choice of
> words did not reflect the attitude of ELinks developers .. and probably
> not the OP's exact opinion either.. he readily accepted my correcting
> him ..  sounds like he was more venting his frustration - possibly with
> developers in general rather than ELinks's in particular - rather than
> anything else anyway..
>
> .. obviously, I didn't agree with the 'we users could say whatever we
> want.. the developers don't care and in the end they will not take any
> notice and do whatever they like..' implications...

Well, in case there's still any confusion on anyone's part....  As you
say, my original intent in mentioning the "whims of the developers" was
not in any way meant to be negative.  I wasn't even particularly venting
frustrations (consciously, at least).  I just wanted to point out that the
developers can focus their development energies where they think it's
important, and they may not even agree with the way I think the cache
should work.  Maybe that's obvious and doesn't need to be said, though....

Thanks for the hard work on ELinks!

reid