On 8/8/14, 10:39, "jezra" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anyone have documentation or know where I can find documentation
>for accessing the GPIO in the filesystem on a MinnowboardMax?
>
>I don't see GPIO in /sys/class on my system which is a fairly vanilla
>Debian 8 install. Do I need a custom kernel?

You need a recent kernel to get support for the baytrail SoC. Most of what
you need is available in the 3.10-LTSI kernel, but 3.16 is a better
choice. PCI support is much improved in later kernels.

The Yocto Project 3.14 kernel has good support bia the intel-corei7-64 BSP.

For more information on distros, there is this page:

http://elinux.org/Minnowboard:MinnowMaxDistros


However, if we don't have it up on the wiki someplace already, we should
add something about a minimal kernel version. Unfortunately, without
listing 10s of qualifiers, that kernel will be 3.16.

-- 
Darren Hart                                     Open Source Technology Center
[email protected]                                       Intel Corporation



_______________________________________________
elinux-MinnowBoard mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.elinux.org/mailman/listinfo/elinux-minnowboard

Reply via email to