Hello :)

I am not a core committer, but i deal with a lot of newcomers. While i
completely agree that the single quote vs double quote is a problem and i
would like to have better visibility, i would like to point that Sigils in
general are* really really* hard to use, understand and keep in mind for
newcomers. They are not intuitive, they are really cryptic and they are
made of multiple symbols. Just like regexp are hard to read, Sigils are
hard to read for most newcomers.

I do not know if there is a good solution to the problem and a good syntax
to explicit charlists. But i would like everyone to think about another
solution than sigils. They make code harder to read in general.