If you want to do any animation beyond relying on css animations, you're at
least partially required to use inline styles.

Also, if I have a project with lots of animation (say...a game), then it
makes sense to have a solution that helps with managing inline styles.

For me, a solution that allows inline vs file based styles to be as
interchangeable as possible based on operational needs would be ideal.

That being said, currently most of my projects are not games and so I tend
to use LESSCSS heavily while the handful of animated properties are handled
inline by Elm.  I haven't yet tried out elm-css, elm-style, etc.  but I'll
probably give them ago in the near future.

Also, just as a note, elm-style-animation
<https://github.com/mdgriffith/elm-style-animation> represents style as
union types, though it's only a subset of properties that are covered
<https://github.com/mdgriffith/elm-style-animation/blob/master/src/Style/Properties.elm>.