Hi Nir and welcome to Elm,

I also come from Python and I consider the statement to be correct.
Please notice that the word "similar" is used not "exactly". For accessing
purposes, Elm records behave similar enough to python objects.

If I have a python object with the fields "name" and "surname" I can access
those fields with user.name, user.surname.
If I have a python dictionary with the same keys, I access them with
user["name"] and user["surname"] which is a little bit different from Elm.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 8:20 AM, Nir Galon <nirgn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a Python developer, and I"m just getting into elm.
> I start by reading the documentation and I notice an error in
> core_language <http://guide.elm-lang.org/core_language.html> page. I try
> to find the website source code and do a PR, but with no success (found the
> website source code, but the docs isn't there).
> The error is in `Records` section, when it says `A record is a set of
> key-value pairs, similar to objects in JavaScript or Python.` - It's
> actually not true in Python, In Python key-value pairs called
> `dictionaries`.
> So the true sentence should by: `A record is a set of key-value pairs,
> similar to objects in JavaScript and dictionaries in Python`.
>
> I would appreciate any help on how to find the source code so I can do a
> PR and fix this.
> Nir Galon

There is NO FATE, we are the creators.
blog: http://damoc.ro/