If you need to communicate between 2 or more enclosed pieces of
functionality/modules, you'll need to orchestrate that communication via their
parent.

Like I said, I regret posting the original solution that I did, since it was
essentially circumventing the elm language. You should try to stay within elm
as much as possible, unless you're truly missing a piece of functionally, such
as working with files, etc.