@Richard
Thank you for this example. But I don't see how to properly trigger my
"ratings" storage reload action if user state changed.

Another question, What do you think about pages separation?
For example, I have several independent tabs and one of the tabs called
"Rating" and It has some grids with sorting and filtering, so the page has
some local view-state and local actions related only to this page.
In the most examples with Navigation, I see something like this in the main
update function.

 Ratings act ->
      let
        ( ratings, effect ) =
          Ratings.update act model.ratings
      in
        ( { model | ratings = ratings }, Cmd.map Ratings effect )
Each page modules in separate folder like /Pages/Ratings/ /Pages/Reports/
etc. Each folder contains minimum this files.

Command.elm - Cmds like fetchAll
Messages.elm
Models.elm
Update.elm