Hi Mark (and others),

> 15 dec. 2016 kl. 18:40 skrev Mark Hamburg <mhamburg...@gmail.com>:
>
> Having external compute run asynchronously opens the possibility of having it
> run in parallel some day.

As much as I sympathise with the notion of encapsulating “dirty” code and
marking it out, making it asynchronous is the wrong direction: these calls are
performing uncontrolled side-effects, hence running them in parallel is the
worst choice possible.

Another observation is that taking unreasonable code (i.e. code that cannot
easily be reasoned about) and sticking it into a monad does not make it any
more reasonable. If calling unreasonable code is the goal, then there is no
improvement to be had over just calling it.

Regards,

Roland