Dne čtvrtek 15. prosince 2016 19:44:20 UTC+1 Roland Kuhn napsal(a):

> Again wrong: just having a certain type does not enable client code to
> handle the fallout—because the effects of JS code are literally arbitrary.
> The only achieved effect is that the fallout is signaled in the type
> system. But then if most of the code is reasonable despite being JS, most
> people will just run these Tasks as if they’re fine anyway, and the
> function of the type marker is lost—it just makes life a little more
> miserable where people are forced to jump through hoops.

That's not entirely true. I agree that generaly the problem of JS code
having arbitrary side-effects cannot be solved statically/automatically,
but these type system facilities (Task, Result) do help, methinks. They can
be useful for handling errors that are expected as well as, for example,
catching JS exceptions thrown down the stack. I definitely wouldn't mark
them useless.

Anyhow, did anyone manage to get Evan's opinion on this thread?