On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 4:34:09 PM UTC, Oliver Searle-Barnes
wrote:

> elm-install is using the ruby-git gem which supports local git URIs of the
> form file:///path/to/local/remote.git

Interesting, but I don't quite follow. Could you show me an example of how
to use this in elm-package.json to refer to a local git repo?

Supposing I was hacking on 'core', if I replaced:

"dependencies": {
        "elm-lang/core": "5.0.0 <= v < 6.0.0",

with

"dependencies": {
        "file:///home/rupert/spikes/elm/core.git": "5.0.0 <= v < 6.0.0",

?

This is actually something I have been wondering how to do because I wanted
to do some hacking on elm-lang/virtual-dom, but I have no idea how to
import the hacked version into another project in order to try it out.