On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 2:54:34 PM UTC, Rupert Smith wrote:

> type Overlay = Hidden | MenuOpen Menu | DialogOpen Dialog
>
> Interestingly when done this way, I don't want the Hidden states for Menu
> and Dialog any more, otherwise there will be 3 different ways to encode the
> state when nothing is shown.

Animation is another consideration here. Suppose I hide something by fading
it out, when I ask to hide something I put it in the Hidden state, but it
still has an animationStyle even in that state, because the fade-out takes
some time. Animation can really make a mess of things. Best to stick to
hiding things instantaneously perhaps.