Roovo,

Sorry for the late response. I have verified github connection for other
repositories. I can git clone. I can even do wget on the
http://github.com/elm-lang/core/zipball/5.1.1/ but I can't get it to work
with elm-repl.

After some rudimentary research, I found out that elm uses http-client. I
cabal updated that library but still can't connect. I get the same error
message as mentioned in the previous post.