I was quite disappointed to see that signals have been removed in Elm 0.17
(I found out about elm 6 days ago). I only seen a few bits of code using
signals from before which had very simple `merge`/`map`/`filter`/and the
notorious `foldp` operations. But I think signals & current implementation
of Elm are complementary, not mutually exclusive. Just before getting into
Elm I was looking at reactiveX and what struck me is the simplicity with
which you can combine signals in time to get very complex effects
*especially* when dealing with UI interaction (think of double tap, pinch,
etc. - where you need to be able to extract data on a timeline and interact
with previous "states"). Of course, for driving the main program forward I
think the current architecture is really nice to work with. Only problem is
now without signals you are unable to (easily) do operations involving
time. You have to keep track of stuff, do your own math etc. So what I'm
saying is that `merge`/`map`/`filter`/`foldp` isn't where signals' strength
is but more like in `throttle`/`delay`/`group` etc. I might be wrong but I
think that signals were useless in Elm were because they were only working
with the "current data point" (from time perspective) or with "current &
last - using `foldp`", but that's not the point of signals, not really.

So I'd like to know what this community thinks about this stuff as I'm very
new to Elm maybe it's an unfounded claim and you can easily do this sorts
of calculations in a simple way comparable with reactive observables
somehow?!