On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 2:44:02 PM UTC, Alex Rice wrote:

> How do you break up the Msg union type and the update function into
> logical, manageable and editable pieces in a large Elm project?

First example I learned from is this one:

https://github.com/debois/elm-mdl/blob/v8/demo/Demo.elm

Which implemented the nested TEA model. That is, at the top level it wraps
actions for each page, and passes them down to the specific pages update:

 ButtonsMsg a ->
              lift .buttons (\m x -> { m | buttons = x }) ButtonsMsg
Demo.Buttons.update a model

This works. Its definitely worth trying out as a learning exercise. That
Demo also uses rgrempel/elm-route-url to handle browser navigation and I'm
still using that.
I am also still using this nested pattern, its just that it has stopped
being a default to reach for as I have learned more.