On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 4:35:32 PM UTC+1, Duane Johnson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on a TypedSvg package here:
>
> http://package.elm-lang.org/packages/canadaduane/typed-svg/2.0.1

So I tried setting a strokeWidth attribute on a box and on a line, but it
has no effect. Instead I had to set the style like this:

style [ ( "stroke-width", "4" ) ]

All the examples given here use css styling:

https://www.w3schools.com/graphics/svg_line.asp

Not sure what is going on as I don't actually know SVG, this is really my
first time to work with it programmatically (I've made plenty SVG drawing
in Inkscape and imported them into HTML previously). Seting the
"strokeWidth" attribute sets a "strokeWidth" attribute on the SVG node, but
Chrome seems to ignore it. Are these attributes deprecated in favour of CSS
styling or something?

In which case styling attributes that need to be represented as CSS need to
be handled differently when rendering the nodes.