Aidan Thornton <makosoft <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Actually, it's interesting. There is an open source Linux driver for the
drx3975d by Henk Vergonet
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb <at> linuxtv.org/msg25247.html), and it
supposedly does work
> with the Pinnacle 330e. However, it's been sitting abandoned in a repository,
missing its firmware file
> and without any version of the em2880-dvb driver that can actually use it, for
several months now.

I know that, but unfortunately, I am not sure how to get that thing to work. I
other words I am not a 'experienced' kernel developer, so...

However, I still think all possible hardware support should be published, but of
course we cannot force anyone to do so. For starters I'll check out the
"usbreplay" method as suggested by Markus. Maybe that way I finally can stop
booting into Windows.

Regards,

Ray