Hi Markus,

Just something short... I was looking into the Kworld PVR-TV 300U
device again, and I noticed that it says here

http://lists-archives.org/video4linux/10657-kworld-vs-pvr-tv-300u-more-info.html
pvr-tv-300u
Video: eMPIA 2860
Audio: eMPIA 202 - 2 ch, 20-bit DAC & 20-bit ADC, full duplex AC'97
2.2 compatible stereo audio CODEC

However, I just happened to look in the install package for the driver
for Windows, and there I have a file called emaudio.inf, almost the
same one as here:
http://contents.driverguide.com/content.php?id=704485&path=EMAUDIO.INF

except I have the added lines:
[Model]
; For KWorld IDs
%emAudio.DeviceDesc.OEM%=emAudio, USB\VID_EB1A&PID_E300&MI_01
%emAudio.DeviceDesc.OEM%=emAudio, USB\VID_EB1A&PID_E310&MI_01
%emAudio.DeviceDesc.OEM%=emAudio, USB\VID_EB1A&PID_A310&MI_01
;---------------
;Localizable
;---------------
emAudio.DeviceDesc.OEM   = "KWorld USB EMP Audio Device"

So, since this file "contains installation information for eMPIA USB
2.0 Audio Devices:  EM2801, EM2821 and EM2841.", I'm guessing the
audio chip on my device is EM28X1, and not EM202 as suggested above
(although that talks about *VS* PVR-TV 300U)?

So I wander - is there maybe already a programmed driver for these
audio chips in em28xx? If so, maybe it just takes inserting some ID's
somewhere and rebuiding the driver objects, to make this device work?

Thanks,
Cheers..

(as a side note - those people on the net that had reported the audio
with their PVR-TV 300U working, apparently had a device class 01 - or
usb audio, so hence em28xx-audio (or snd-usb-audio) worked for them...
I'd guess those have those "other" PVR-TV 300U's; but then as the
above says, those would have eMPIA 202 chip, and I cannot see here
http://www.empiatech.com.tw/pro_emp202.htm that it has a USB interface
at all? :confused: :) :)    )