On 11 November 2016 at 02:08, Nicolas Goaziou <m...@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Alan Tyree <alanty...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Suggested wording:
> >
> > In 8.1:
> >

> > timestamp can appear anywhere in the headline or body of an Org tree
> > entr UNLESS is is preceded by a keyword in which case it must be properly
> > positioned or it will be ignored: see 8.3 for details.
>
> This is wrong. Only the keyword is ignored, not the timestamp. This is
> why DEADLINE and SCHEDULED location is unrelated to section 8.1.

Hi Nicolas,
Will you please double check this? On my system, the entry does *not* show
up in the agenda (C-c a a). If I remove the DEADLINE:, then it does show
up. So, for the important purpose under discussion, the timestamp is
ignored.

Emacs version 24.4.1 on Debian Stable

org-version: Org mode version 9.0 (9.0-elpaplus @
/home/alant/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20161102/)

> > A timestamp may be preceded by special keywords to facilitate planning.
> > WARNING: both the timestamp and the keyword are ignored if not positioned
> > immediately following the headline. No space or other text is allowed.
>
> I think "immediately following the headline" is unambiguous. No need to
> specify "no space or other text is allowed".
>
> I modified section 8.3 accordingly.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Subject to the above, OK. Just so long as there is a good strong warning
about it.