On Saturday,  2 Oct 2021 at 18:18, Timothy wrote:
> I can’t help but think that this line of thinking is a bit of a trap, because

I think you're right.  Nicolas's view that we should not think of org as
a front-end for LaTeX is probably more to the point.  As Stefan has
noted, how LaTeX processes \[...\] in the context of paragraphs is much
more complex (as it should be as typography is an incredibly difficult
task to do well, and TeX/LaTeX generally does it very well).  Trying to
have org mirror LaTeX in some way is doomed to fail.

I am happy with \[...\] being treated as an inline element.  That is
more sympathetic to LaTeX than the opposite.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org 9.5-g9a4a24
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096