Philip Kaludercic <phil...@posteo.net> writes:

>> Nicolas once tried to port htmlize support into htmlfontify [1], but it
>> did not go well [2].
>>
>> [1] https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/874lnw5rfi....@nicolasgoaziou.fr/
>> [2] https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/874ldzovv4....@nicolasgoaziou.fr/
>
> How come you infer that it didn't go that well?  It just seems incomplete?

That's what I meant. The latest thread named some issue with fine-tuning
the output and never got any follow-up.

>> As for engrave-faces, it is working for both LaTeX and HTML export.
>
> Would that have the same issue has htmlize, that it copies the colours
> from the currently active theme, causing issues when exporting a website
> while a dark-theme is enabled?

No. It can copy the current theme, but it is not the default. Instead,
engrave-faces provides customization on how the faces should be
re-mapped. Defaults are tuned to work for usual white backgrounds, but
can be customized either using existing Emacs themes, or by hand,
mapping Emacs faces to text colors and attributes.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,