Hi Ihor,

Answer inline...

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 at 18:08, Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> wrote:

> Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paag...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have added the eln version to the patch...
> >
> > Best, /PA
> > PS: Just as an example, I recompiled master today and the version number
> > for eln changed, so the 'old' files from yesterday were not removed ;-)
>
> Yeah. Not ideal.
> The whole system with emacs -Q putting things into .emacs.d is not ideal.
>
> Sometimes, when running things like make test we do not even want to
> litter .emacs.d - .eln files generated during make test might correspond
> to the broken versions of Org mode that were being tested. Then, running
> actual working Emacs session might stumble upon these incorrect versions
> of .eln files.
>
> Do I understand correctly that the reason you implemented cleaneln make
> target is working around issues with make test/make repro?

Yes, that's one of the reasons. And, also because when I set
native.comp-eln-cache-path,
anything that is not part of the Emacs distribution gets compiled into that
directory. For example,
the clone of org-mode main as well as the packages from elpa/melpa/nungnu.

When refreshing my local copy of the org-mode repo, I start with a make
cleaneln before pulling and then
make native. Thus I get a predictable build.

> --
> Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
> Org mode contributor,
> Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
> Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
> or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>

Best, /PA

--
Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet