On 04/05/2024 04:41, Bruno Cardoso wrote:
On 2024-05-02, 17:41 +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:

<shortdoc:file::#find-file>
[...]
I implemented the search option by borrowing the regexp from `ol-info':

It is necessary to maintain backward compatibility for `ol-info'. I do not know what kind of separator was added earlier: "::" or "#". I suppose, for new link type, rules more close to file: links may be used, see
(info "(org) Search Options")
https://orgmode.org/manual/Search-Options.html

That is why I suggested shortdoc:GROUP::#FUNCTION. This way shrotdoc:GROUP::SEARCH_STRING is possible as well.

           (shortdoc-display-group group)
           (when fn
             (re-search-forward (concat "^(" (string-remove-prefix "#" fn))
                                nil t)

Notice that `shortdoc-display-group' has optional FUNCTION argument.

             (beginning-of-line)))
       (error (message "Unknown shortdoc group: %s" group)))))

It works, but I'm not quite sure if this is the best approach.

I do not have strong opinion as well. Some points to consider:
- Unambiguous parsing of link target.
- Flexibility it respect to later improvements.