Phil <p...@7d.nz> writes:

> In need for a sessions support on SQL, I checked
> ob-sql.el and sql.el lately, then wrote
> [[https://github.com/flintforge/ob-sql-session][ob-sql-session]]
> (no pun intended, at all:)
>
> It started with a quick workaround on ob-sql,
> which turned out to be the same logic to what
> _ob-sql-mode_ does: a simple sql-redirect.  Most of
> the content found in it was general consideration
> regarding org-mode usage with source blocks, and a
> working solution is more demanding, so I felt a
> little embarassed to fork ob-sql-mode after, but
> still, would like to volunteer.
>
> Perhaps it would also be embrassement to have a
> package named ob-sql-session in the repos (because
> it's not related to Emacs sessions of course;)?

CCing Daniel, the ob-sql maintainer.

I am not sure if I 100% understand this email, but it sounds to me like
a proposal to add :session support to Org mode's ob-sql.

Note that we do have session support in the todo list:

;; TODO:
;;
;; - support for sessions
;; - support for more engines
;; - what's a reasonable way to drop table data into SQL?

So, adding sessions to ob-sql would be certainly welcome.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,