Am Dienstag, den 23. Juli 2024 um 17:13:56 Uhr (+0000) schrieb Ihor Radchenko:

> What I had in mind if using backend-specific :filter-options.
> If a backends needs to enable headline numbering unconditionally, when
> :multipage is used, it can install :filter-options filter that will set
> :section-numbers to t.
>
> Does it make sense?

Yes, but I have to check whether this can be reverted afterwards, as
in the :multipage case we still need the information of the initial
setting of :section-numbers when transcoding finally happens.

It's a bit late today to digest it all, but I'll look into it
tomorrow and will get back to you with questions in case I don't get
it.

--
Orm