> stardiviner <numbch...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I agree with your patch solution. I have tested fine. Thanks for your
>> re-write.
>
> Applied, onto main.
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=d51dc4aa29

I just noticed this change, and had a couple of suggestions.  Right now
the commands org-latex-preview and org-toggle-inline-images-command do
similar things -- placing overlays over LaTeX fragments or image links
respectively.  But their regular and prefix arg behaviors are different:

| Calling convention | org-latex-preview             |
org-toggle-inline-images-command  |
|--------------------+-------------------------------+-----------------------------------|
| C-c C-x C-[l,v]    | toggle preview at point       | toggle preview at point
         |
|                    | or preview current entry      | or toggle in current
entry        |
| With C-u           | Clear previews in section     | Toggle previews in whole
buffer   |
| With C-u C-u       | Preview whole buffer          | Hide all previews in
whole buffer |
| With C-u C-u C-u   | Hide previews in whole buffer | -

I think this is confusing, and it will help to stick to a single
convention for previewing "things" in Org.  Of the two, I prefer
org-latex-preview's behavior and have been using a custom library [1] to
toggle images this way, but so long as it is consistent I would be okay
with either set of behaviors.

Karthik

[1]: https://github.com/karthink/org-image-preview