With

Org-mode version 6.36trans (release_6.36.80.gbdfd)
GNU Emacs 24.0.50.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.6)

the LaTeX exporter seems to cease to work when encountering a LaTeX
environment. Suppose this minimal org file:

--8<--------------------------snip-------------------------->8---

#+TITLE: Wrapping in Env

/foo/

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\begin{center}
#+END_LaTeX

/bar/

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\end{center}
#+END_LaTeX

/baz/

--8<--------------------------snap-------------------------->8---

When exported to LaTeX the relevant part looks like this:

--8<--------------------------snip-------------------------->8---

\emph{foo}

\begin{center}

/bar/

\end{center}

\emph{baz}

As far as I can see, this happens only if an environment is defined in
the BEGIN/END_LaTeX blocks. Everything between such blocks is exported
literally. I'm pretty sure this once had worked but I'm not sure when
org stopped to export correctly.

Ulf