I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was looking for habit tracking in
the wrong place. It shows up after the command C-a a a, not C-a a.

All I had to do to enable org mode was put (require 'org-habit) in my
.emacs. I didn't need to add it to the modules list. I didn't need to alter
my properties for the entry.

The only way I know to test whether org-habit is working is to look for a
frequency bar on the schedule of your agenda generated by C-a a a. In order
for this to show up, you have to have a habit that's scheduled for today.
The bar just looks like colored background text on the rest of the line
after the todo item. It will show your history with *'s and !'s. It uses the
colors grey, purple, green, yellow and red.

I will reread the manual and learn more about using the module.

Thanks for the help!
JB

I'm using Org-mode 7.01h with the latest Emacs snapshot in Ubuntu Lucid
10.04.

--
Ignore the following. It is a nonsense sentence that disables Google ads
from displaying next to my emails by triggering sensitive keywords.

I enjoy the massacre of ads. This sentence will slaughter ads without a
messy bloodbath.