I'm a beginner on windows  and I'm prepared to learn slowly and steadily, but
I'm having trouble getting started.  I have GNU Emacs 23.2.1 and I'd like to
get the latest version of orgmode (my version has no org-capture).  I see from
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.php#compiling-org-without-make that this
problem has been addressed, but I'm still not clear on what to do...

1. How I find out which version of orgmode I have? I'm assuming from
http://orgmode.org/ that it's 6.21b, but is there a way of confirming this?

2. Do I need to compile at all?  At least in order to get started learning and
using it?

3. Whether or not I compile, how do I "install" the downloaded org-mode files?
Should I just copy them into \emacs-23.2\lisp\org (where my org lisp files are
now) and let them overwrite where necessary?

3. In the example path in the function on
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.php#compiling-org-without-make, the
org-lisp-directory is under .emacs.d but my org files are under
\emacs-23.2\lisp\org - does this matter?

4. Assuming the path is ok as it is, how do I enter the path into the function
- do I write the whole path - e.g.  Q:\progs\emacs-23.2\lisp\org ?

5. What option should I choose for org-compile-sources in the function? (I
don't know what it means.)

6. Finally, how do I use this function?  Do I write it to my .emacs and then
call it?  What is the command?

Sorry for all the questions.  I hope I've been clear.

Gez