Thanks Dan and Juan.

So far everything has seemed to work, though a few odds and ends occurred --
I'm going to try moving to the end of the file and see if that helps. I
think I had to remove the headline, C-c C-c to get a modified option to
"take" and then could re-add the headline. I might be wrong about needing to
do that. I'll fiddle some more. Thanks for the #+setupfile tip!

John