Tommy Kelly <tommy.ke...@verilab.com> writes:

> Here's the link to your reply to me:
>
> [[gnus:gmane.emacs.gnus.general#87tyj4x798....@uwo.ca][email from Dan
> Christensen: Re: org-mode gnus integration ]]

Since this stores the group name and the message-id, it should work across
different Gnus sessions.

> The reason I assumed there would be a problem is that even if I simply
> *move* a Gnus article from one group to another, that breaks the
> link.

That makes sense, since the link refers to the group.

I believe the Gnus registry can keep track of the message ID --> group
mapping, so org-mode could use this if the article isn't found in the
expected group and the user has the registry enabled.

I don't use org-mode or the registry, so I'll let others respond if
there are further questions.

Dan