Hi everyone,

I'd like to be able to link to an org document from other applications, and especially to a particular line or search term in a document. The idea is that I could, for example, put a link into an iCal entry, and when I click it, emacs would show the file and move the point to the correct location.

Basically, I'm trying to make something like a URL, but for org, that the OS would dispatch correctly. Something like org://path/to/some/ file:*search-term.

I've poked around quite a bit, but I can't figure out an easy way to do this. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

  -Anthony