Felix Fernandes <felixf...@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your help, Nick. I found that C-c C-e c f replaces
> org-export-icalendar-this-file. It would be nice if M-x
> org-export-icalendar-this-file is undefined or pops up an error message
> stating that it has been replaced by C-c C-e c f.

org-export-icalendar-this-file *is* undefined in versions of org >= 8.0.
When I try M-x org-export-icalendar-this-file on a modern org, I get "No
match".  The fact that you get something else is indicative of
installation problems as I alluded to before.

In the current version, C-c C-e c f is bound to the command
org-icalendar-export-to-ics.

Nick