> Implement `file-newer-than-file-p'.  This implementation relies on the
> `test' command to grok the `-nt' switch.  Does this work on Irix, too?
> It works on AIX.

The Irix machines I have access to are really badly setup, but
their `test' does not accept -nt.
What I used to use (way back when) was `find <file1> -newer <file2>'.
It's a good bit more tricky to use since the return value is
determined by the command's output and because you have to be careful
with directories.

        Stefan

PS: I wish someone had time to re-implement rcp-handle-file-attributes
    using Perl rather than ls, so as to get mtime and friends.