/----
| ELISP> (tramp-make-tramp-file-name nil "sm" "grossjoh" "marcy" "/tmp/foo")
| "/r@sm:grossjoh@marcy:/tmp/foo"
| ELISP> (make-tramp-file-name :multi-method nil :method "sm"
|                              :user "grossjoh" :host "marcy" :path "/tmp/foo")
| [cl-struct-tramp-file-name nil "sm" "grossjoh" "marcy" "/tmp/foo"]
\----

As you can see, the results are different.  The function
tramp-make-tramp-file-name creates a file name suitable for input with
C-x C-f, ie it is the inverse of tramp-dissect-file-name.  In a way,
that is.  And make-tramp-file-name takes all the arguments and creates
a struct out of them.

Lots of functions in Tramp take multi-method, method, user, host and
path as arguments.  Maybe they should be taking a tramp-file-name
struct instead.  Hm.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.