On 07/04/2010 10:36, Peter Cock wrote:

I've noticed that I can tell dotplot to reverse either of the
sequences, but I would actually like it to search both for forward
matches AND reverse matches to display on the same plot (ideally using
different colours). Is this possible already, or might it be a
reasonable feature request? Right now I can generate one plot with the
forward matches, and a second plot with the reverse matches - not
ideal.

Sounds like a reasonable request. We will look into it.

While I'm asking, I'd also like (colour) PDF output, since working
with PDF files is much easier on the Mac than postscript (which
thankfully is trivial to convert into PDF - so this isn't a big issue
for me).

Should be possible with plplot. We will look into adding PDF to the possible output devices.

regards,

Peter Rice