Chris Morley wrote:
> I could send you the config files and you try it your self.

I can reproduce the problem here, using the ini and hal files that you
pastebinned earlier.

The problem seems to be related to your stepgen timing parameters (dirsetup,
dirhold, steplen, and stepspace), which are much bigger than anything i've
tested before.  The configs you posted had them all in the 100-200 microsecond
range.  If i divide all four of them by ten, things look fine here.

Here is a halscope plot with Chris' stepgen timings (in the 100-200 microsecond
range):  <http://highlab.com/~seb/emc2/big-steps/morely-config-ferror.png>

And here's the same plot, with stepgen timings in the 10-20 microsecond range:
<http://highlab.com/~seb/emc2/big-steps/faster-stepgen-no-ferror.png>

Max ferror here is 0.00003, 30 micro-inches.  I'm not sure why it's so much
bigger with slower steps.  I'll look into this some more, thanks for the bug
report.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky