I have seen buttons on gui problems in other programs, an example is
sane the scanner program if I leave the mouse over the button and and
press after the scan for another scan its missed. this effect is also
seen in the stepconf utility program, hover the mouse over next and
repeat, you need to take the mouse out of area and back over the
button to make it work. Maybe these are all symptoms of a broken
debounce of sorts in the gui

Dave Caroline