Here I'm not understand what in reality is problem?!?
Well I don't have gantry machine but as I observe my machine the gantry
can be homed in same way.

So if I assume the AXIS_0 and AXIS_1 are the gantry then user just must
use same parameters for homing speeds and types and
HOME_SEQUENCE to be same on both.

So homing action is like

Both axis start movment to home position. (may be skewed if wsa initial)
Both axes overshot limit switch for same amount! (unskew happen's here)
Both axes retract to home. (and unskew happens here)

Why need to complicate here?
If gantry is skewed then homming will unskew that.

The only problem I see is if user want to use big home offset.
And if gantry is skewed before homming then can be problem.
But usaly the home position is just little off the switch.
And amount of skew can't be bigger than limit overshoot.

The only thing I need to be changed when ussing gantry type is to check
if all parameters are the same.
The different motors and gearing is bad bad bad thing in gantry sistem
at all.

Maybe I'm wrong. but soon I wil finish gantry machine with dual drive.
So after that I can test that.

Slavko.