> Hi Chris,
>
> Did you see the touchy changes on master that were pushed yesterday?
> Pavel made it possible to create any number of new tabs with embedded
> programs in touchy.  Here is a test of embedding xterm to show the
> full current tool table.
>
> http://timeguy.com/cradek-files/emc/touchy-embed.png
>
> I was able to do that by just adding to the ini:
>
> [DISPLAY]
> EMBED_TAB_NAME = Tools
> EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = xterm -into {XID} -rv -fn lucidasanstypewriter-bold-14 -e
> watch -n1 cat simpockets.tbl
>
> I did not try embedding gladevcp but I am sure it will work since the
> embedding works the same way as in AXIS.  I think this is a great
> flexible solution, not being specific to gladevcp (allowing cameras
> etc) and also not requiring that the user modify the distributed glade
> file which will make future updates difficult as I have mentioned
> worrying about before.
>
> Chris

Hi Chris.

I think Pavel's changes are great.
Embedding webcams as a alignment tool is a great feature in it's self.

I think being able to change Touchy's display other then adding tabs is a big
plus.
I don't understand what you mean by making future updates difficult.
How does it make it difficult?

I might add that your command:
 xterm -into {XID} -rv -fn lucidasanstypewriter-bold-14 -e watch -n1 cat
simpockets.tbl

is not simple to a new user. (its actually cryptic to me not that I am a Linux
expert)
Where loading a gladefile modifying it then saving it is more user friendly.
Why not have both options? embedding and custom glade files?
I think its important to start allowing people more flexibility in how EMC is
displayed.
Mocca has gotten a fair amount of attention mostly because it's look is
configurable.
My patch, plus Pavel's add good flexibility without having to write a new gui.

Just for clarity - what my patch does:
It gets touchy to check to see if there is a glade file in the running config's
folder.
If there is, it loads it otherwise it loads the standard Touchy gladefile.
Either way it checks for gladevcp components and exports pins for them.

My patch is out of date now and as Pavel wrote I forgot one piece of it.
I will update it and send again if anyone is interesting in trying it.

Cheers
Chris M