what about Jeff's gremblin project?
Didn't it run side by side Axis ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Radek <ch...@timeguy.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:02:05
To: EMC developers<emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] gladevcp/Touchy patch (Chris Morley)

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 11:45:49AM -0500, Jon Elson wrote:

> Yeah, I put in my two cents for a version of Touchy with the Axis
> preview, and was voted down,
> at the CNC Workshop.

I don't remember any kind of argument or especially vote about this -
sometimes I'd like to have it, sometimes not.  The problem is it would
take a lot more than two cents worth of effort to do it...

I think having the program preview and the live cone, pan/zoom/rotate
(somehow with left button only) and none of the backplot stuff would
be the way to go.  I'm not sure whether all touch screens will give
you dragging.  There may be some that only give you left click.

If not on top, it should stop updating.  Ideally it wouldn't even be
generated unless you switch to it.  I like how fast touchy can open
programs without it.

It would be nice if it were completely optional so touchy would
still run on machines lacking opengl.

So I guess my feelings are mixed.  Unless someone wants to do the
work, it's probably moot anyway...