On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 02:54:34AM +0000, Chris Morley wrote:
> Couple of small problems:
> When I start Glade from a terminal The LED widget is not displayed with it's
> proper png icon.
> When I start GLADE from Applications menu none of hal widgets nor the hal
> menu are displayed.
> For whatever reason the progress bar is not displayed properly when using the
> editor. Strangely
> this includes the standard un-HAL-ified progress bar ( so it maybe some other
> problem).
It's normal. I've added install rules for icon so it will be ok with package.
Untill then there will be no icon :(... Quotation from [1]:

Currently loading icons without installing them is unsupported.

Running from meny (e.g. without GLADE_CATALOG_PATH) will work with installed
emc2 package.
Until then you need to either export GLADE_CATALOG_PATH or drop symlink.

> I would not worry about compatibility with former gladevcp panels.
> The panel it's self is easy to fix with a text editor to ask for the right
> library.
> Gladevcp is so new I doubt anyone is seriously using them, so  if they are we
> should force them to
> change now rather then transition.
Ok

> With your changes I may actually be able to figure out how to get GLADE to
> dynamically
> change the displayed widgets while editing. For whatever reason the glade
> developers are
> not talking about how to properly use the glade adapter with python.
It's not related with python adapter. It's caused by not proper usage of gobject
properties. I've just tried to write correct do_set_property function for LED
and now
it shows me correct colors just after I add them. I'll try to finish transition
properties for LED today.

                                        Pavel

--
[1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/gladeui/stable/catalogintro.html