On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 04:04:35PM +0100, Michael Haberler wrote:
> [DISPLAY]
> EMBED_TAB_NAME = gladevcp-test
> EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = gladevcp -c gladevcp-test -w {XID} gladevcp-test.ui

> [HAL]
> POSTGUI_HALFILE = gladevcp-test.hal
>
> during startup I get
>
> gladevcp-test.hal:5: Pin 'gladevcp-test.hal_button1' does not exist
>
> However, if I drop the .hal file from .ini and manually enter the statements
> from gladevcp-test.hal they work fine
>
> this looks like a race condition to me - the POSTGUI_HALFILE is  run before
> gladevcp had time to setup the hal component
There is no race. POSTGUI_HALFILE is executed strictly _before_ loading custom
tab.
Now I realize that i don't see any way to reliably wait for loaded component...
One possible workaround would be to create HAL file with loadusr -Wn ...
gladevcp - c...
in the beginning and with net/setp commands after it but there is no way to pass
window id to gladevcp... Other way is to add parameter to gladevcp for HAL file
load after component is established.
                                Pavel