Il 28/11/2010 19:14, Kirk Wallace ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 19:31 +0100, Spiderdab wrote:
>
>> Hallo gentelmen developers, which i'm not..unfortunately.
>> i would like to take your attention on this thread :
>> http://www.linuxcnc.org/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,20/func,view/id,5592/catid,20/limit,6/limitstart,0/lang,english/
>> that i started for asking about a new feature needed into emc2. so i
>> would like to know if you think there's a possibility of adding a more
>> flexible and 'live' control of acceleration ramps (i wish through g-code..).
>> the point is the need of doing some movement with a fast acc/dec ramp,
>> other with a slow one, into the same g-code program.
>>
> Can't a CAM create g-code with the proper accelerations as very short
> G1's?

no, i tryed this way, but it's a real pain. also because i draw a path
in 3dsmax, than through a script create a g-code which i have to change
manually to adapt, since the script is meant for milling..
after that we try one time the 'show' and then someone ask me if a
certain movement can be more accelerated or less, faster or slower, 5cm
more on the left.... it's a pain to go back to 3dstudio, change the
density of points in that point, then play the script again, than modify
again by hand... can you imagine doing this a hundred times in a day?!?
> BTW: I saw Cirque du Soleil's KA on PBS yesterday. The wire fliers
> reminded me of the floating ball setup.

:) that's my job! there's an idea on next summer to make a robotic bird
fly accross a roman theater! that will be a great try!
ciao!