Am 19.06.2011 um 23:06 schrieb Viesturs Lācis:

> 2011/6/19 Stephen Wille Padnos <spad...@sover.net>:
>> you can't use an external program to
>> feed code to the interpreter.
>
>> From my readings I understand that EMC1 had capability to accept
> commands from external programm through NML.
> I also read that much of that stuff was removed in EMC2 to simplify it.
> Does anybody know, how much of the original capability is still there
> and how hard would it be to get external source feed commands to EMC2
> through NML?

"commands to EMC2 through NML" result from interpreter execution and a lot of
checks and processing in it. Generating them requires access to EMC's "world
model" (machine state, tools etc) and interpreter state (modal codes etc) which
currently is local interpreter state.

do you refer to "G-code from some external source" or really "NML commands from
some external source"?

-m