Hi,

 Still good enough for open loop systems ..... RT-Preempt is a work in
progress, and this is rc0 , hopefully it will improve but it is unlekely
that it will 'beat' rtapi ... or similar.

 Still good enough for a lot of stuff, and good enough for me at the moment.
On a note, the other machines have good performance for being RT-Preempt,
and less jitter than previous versions.

 I think that the phrase ' "good" performance compared to rtapi ' is
wonderfull news, and a great step forward.

 It's not a competition, and the systems doesn't exclude each other, however
RT-Preempt has a chance to be included in the mainline kernel, which rtapi
never has, and that would probably be a big step for EMC uptake since that
would enable a emc package in a distro as standard.
 This is the reason I am striving to have a preempt-rt enabled EMC.

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.