Hi all,
     I am a fresh user of EMC2,and find the software is very powerful.I had
read the post git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=emc2.git;a=com...5c459182cbb75af9732f
and git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=hostmot2-firmw...63f6f7dfdc0c25ebb8ca .It seems
that EMC2 supports the high resolution probe.I have a Renishaw touch probe and
a mesa 5i20 card,I want to use a joystick to control the 3 axis mill to do
probe touch.then I link the extern probe signal to gpio 71 and "net probe_test
hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.gpio.071.in =>
hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.encoder.00.latch-enable
hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.encoder.01.latch-enable
hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.encoder.02.latch-enable " in the hal file,finally I get
the probe data from "hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.encoder.00.position-latched
hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.encoder.01.position-latched
hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.encoder.02.position-latched ",but I don't know whether
the configure is correct?I had post the mail content in the forum.But it seems
few people use this function.But I need this function urgently.Please tell me
how to configure it ?If this function is uncompleted,please give me some advice.
      sorry for my pool English.
      Look forwards your reply.Thanks a lot.

                                                                        KobeYang

07.21.2011