Feature Requests item #3397759, was opened at 2011-08-25 09:46
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by grandixximo
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=356744&aid=3397759&group_id=6744

not just the latest update.
Category: EMC2 G-code Interpreter
Group: None

Initial Comment:
EMC2 for what i have seen, when you load a programmed path with G42 it displays
the G42 path and it's regulating the speed according to the G42 path.

Now let's say we are doing the program in the attached picture at feed 1000, on
linear paths the programmed path and the G42 path do not differ so you have
same speed on both path, but on curved path like the radius 50 the paths are
different, for the G42 path the travel length is 47.1mm (30*6.28/4) for the
programmed path the travel is 78.5mm (50*6.28/4), this means that when you keep
a constant feed of 1000 on the G42 path, the speed on the programmed path
(peripheral path) is 1.666 times faster (78.5/47.1) so you are actually going
at feed 1666 (1000*1.666) because you are moving and keeping constant speed on
the small radius but actually cutting on the big one.

Now in my example the ratio is just 1.666, but think about a radius 82 done
with a 160 diameter tool, the ratio is huge the speed difference will be huge
and the job will not be done properly.

EMC2 need to be able to keep a constant speed on peripheral path, otherwise the
whole G42 G41 path calculation seems useless to me...