On 29 August 2011 04:02, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com> wrote:

> Whoops, the 5i21 has two IO Connectors named P1, and the 5i25 has no
> connectors.

Two connectors called P1 is wierd, but correct, as it is a single
connector sharing two 32 bit buffers.
I am confused by the second statement. Are you saying that physically
the 5i25 has no connectors, or that the patch doesn't set any up?
Neither appears to be correct to me, but I am probably missing a
subtle point, can you elucidate?

> There are a couple of other places where the pin number is converted to
> a port number and a pin-within-that-port number.  hm2_set_pin_source()
> and hm2_set_pin_direction() come to mind.  The code you added to
> hm2_print_pin_usage() seems to do it right, maybe it'd make sense to
> annotate the pins with their port and pin-within-port info at init
> time?  Add it to the hm2_pin_t maybe?

That sounds like it might make sense. I am unfamiliar with that
section of the code (and the EMC2 machine is disconnected at the
moment) so can't immediately tell what would be involved.

> Also, this commit broke the unit tests.  One of the hm2-idrom test cases
> verifies that IOWidth is 24, and that's obviously no longer the case.

I am embarrassed to admit that I had never spotted that test
directory, so wasn't aware of the idrom test.

> You removed that requirement in hm2_read_idrom() and hm2_print_idrom().
> Maybe the llio should tell us what it's expected IOWidth is?  It knows
> how big its connectors are, after all, and it seems like a good sanity
> check.

Yes, that probably does make sense.
Do you mean that an entry for port width should be added to the
hm2_lowlevel_io_t, or is there something already there that I haven't
spotted.

To save duplication of effort, we probably ought to agree who is going
to make the changes before starting :-)

--
atp
"Torque wrenches are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"